We had a good nights sleep and breakfast.
Geoff and Jerry took of just after 8. I drove into Murrabit and went to the local football come camp ground. Here I filled Jerry's camper van with water, dumped the rubbish and had a nice long hot shower. Nice.
I headed into Karang, shopped for food and fuel then onto Lake Boga. To kill some time I went to the Catalina Museum brother John told me about. It was worth seeing.
I headed down to the river to the arranged camp spot and waited for the raft to arrive.
I managed to get them on the radio and got the news t8hat a gear in the steering had failed and the electric steering had to be disconnected. This made it much more difficult to operate.
They did the last hour and a half sitting on the deck steering.
We had a look at what we could do to set up a mechanical system to use. I also sent a SMS to Bill to see he had a spare gear (the electric steerling is made from a garage door opener) and he did. We tried to figure out a way to get it to us but it's simply to hard. We will be doing by hand from here on.
We will find out how hard it is to use tomorrow.
We had a nice tea and went to bed.
Only 27km to Swan Hill from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment